Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 1958 Westrex Loudspeaker system

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone ever heard (or seen) a late 50's
    Westrex Loudspeaker system - very similar to an Altec 210 w/ wings, but with an acoustic lense in front of the horn / comp. driver on top ?

    Go here:

    http://www.filmsound.org/articles/amps/loudspeakers.htm

    and scroll down to the year 1960 and you will see a picture.

    What horn and which comp. driver did they use ? Got 2 believe that acoustic lense in kinda rare ......

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Hand drawn picture though. In traipsing through all of the old pics on the web I've never seen one of these as "illustrated". Interesting if they did though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Beeeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Westrex Acoustic lens and HF driver - nice driver sounds great. If anyone has any info on it I would be greatful. So far I have not been able to find anythig on it. I only have one though or I would use it in my soon-to-be-built speakers. I have added a link with photos (sorry mr moderator it is not intended to be a sale promotion)

    http://audioenz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=5462

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.